Pre-filled vape cartridges are readily available both online and in local dispensaries and vape shops, and they’re some of the most popular vaping products on the market. They’re extremely convenient because they’re ready to use right out of the box – but that’s about the only benefit that they have compared to empty vape cartridges. In every other respect, empty carts are better than pre-filled ones.
Compared to pre-filled cartridges, empty carts are better because:
- They cost less in the long run.
- They’re safer.
- They offer better performance and flavor quality.
- They’re less likely to leak.
Not convinced yet? By the time you’re done reading this article, you will be. These are the reasons why you should be buying empty carts instead of pre-filled ones.
Pre-Filled Cartridges Cost Too Much
The biggest problem with pre-filled vape cartridges is that they cost much more than they should – especially if you’re a heavy vaper. When you buy a pre-filled 510 cartridge, most of what you’re paying for is the oil. The producers of the cartridges buy the oil in bulk and resell it to customers at greatly inflated prices. The price for a pre-filled vape cartridge might seem reasonable to you on the surface, but you probably wouldn’t feel that way if you knew the wholesale price of the oil. In the long run, it’ll be much more economical for you if you buy the oil yourself in larger quantities and fill your own empty 510 vape cartridges.
When You Buy Empty Cartridges, You Choose the Hardware
Pre-filled cartridge brands don’t just earn a substantial profit reselling bulk vape oil; they also profit on the cartridges themselves. That’s especially true of the lower-quality cartridge brands because those companies often just buy their cartridges from whatever vendor offers the lowest price when it’s time for them to stock up. That’s one possible reason why you may have noticed subtle changes in the hardware when buying pre-filled cartridges from the same brand more than once.
One of the most important benefits of buying empty 510 cartridges is that when you buy your own vape carts, you get to choose the hardware. Even the best vape cartridges are actually quite affordable. We’re very proud of the cartridges that we produce here at Rokin Vapes; we’ll discuss them at greater length later in this article.
These are just a few of the benefits of buying high-quality vape carts.
- They work better because they have higher flavor quality, better airflow characteristics and better vapor production. With a better cartridge, you’ll have a more satisfying and more enjoyable experience.
- They last longer, and they’re more reliable. A vape cartridge that isn’t made from high-quality components is likely to develop a burnt flavor more quickly or may even stop working unexpectedly before it’s out of oil. That leads to waste – and vape oil isn’t cheap.
- They’re less likely to leak. If you’ve ever had the very unpleasant experience of seeing oil dripping out of a cartridge’s airflow vents, you know that’s the last thing you ever want to happen. A vape cartridge that leaks isn’t just wasteful; if the cartridge’s coil is flooded, the cartridge may stop working entirely. That’s a much rarer occurrence with a high-quality empty cart.
You Know What’s in Your Cartridge if You’re Filling It Yourself
When you buy empty vape cartridges, it doesn’t just mean that you’re choosing the hardware – it also means that you can choose what goes inside the cartridges. Have you noticed that pre-filled vape cartridges have started to show up in places like gas stations and corner stores? Have you ever heard of the brands on those cartridges’ boxes, and are you sure that you know what’s inside the cartridges?
Most good producers of pre-filled vape cartridges send their products out for testing and publish the results, which means that you can be reasonably certain of what’s in those companies’ products. It’s much safer, though, to fill your own cartridges because you know that you aren’t using any potentially dangerous additives or diluents. Don’t forget that the use of unsafe additives isn’t the only problem in the pre-filled cartridge industry – there’s also the chance of buying fake carts that have no active ingredients at all. You definitely don’t want to waste your money when you buy vape cartridges.
Pre-Filled Vape Cartridges Aren’t Designed for Reuse
You might be aware of the fact that refilling vape cartridges is often a good way to save money. You simply use the cartridge until it’s empty, and then you pop it open and refill it with your own oil. It works great – except when it doesn’t. Pre-filled vape cartridge brands often use tamper-evident hardware, which means that the cartridge’s mouthpiece isn’t designed to be removed once it’s snapped into place. It’s often possible to remove the mouthpiece from a disposable vape cartridge if you’re careful, but there’s always a chance that doing so will crack the outside of the cart. When that happens, you have to throw the entire cartridge away. You can avoid that problem completely by using a cartridge that’s designed for refilling instead. If you’re already refilling pre-filled cartridges, there’s really no reason not to start buying and filling your own empty vape carts.
Rokin Vapes Offers the Best Empty Vape Cartridges on the Market
Now that you understand the many benefits of empty vape cartridges, we’d like to introduce you to the great products that we offer here at Rokin Vapes. Our two cartridges are the Easy-Fill Vape Cartridge and the Titan 2 Vape Cartridge, and each one has its own features and benefits.
- Easy-Fill Vape Cartridge: If you hate the mess associated with filling or refilling a traditional cart, you’re going to love the Easy-Fill Vape Cartridge. In this cartridge, the chimney and coil are connected to the mouthpiece – so when you remove the mouthpiece, all that’s left is the cartridge’s reservoir. Filling this cartridge is quick and mess free, even if you don’t have a syringe. The Easy-Fill Cartridge has a borosilicate glass enclosure and a high-quality ceramic coil for maximum flavor quality, and it holds 1 ml of oil. It also has fully adjustable airflow. Because the airflow vents are on the top of the cartridge, the Easy-Fill Cartridge is designed to work with vape batteries that have manual fire buttons.
- Titan 2 Vape Cartridge: The Titan 2 Vape Cartridge is made from the same high-quality materials as the Easy-Fill Cartridge, including ceramic, stainless steel and borosilicate glass. The Titan 2 Cartridge has bottom airflow vents, so it works with auto-draw batteries. It’s available in both 1.0-ml and 0.5-ml versions. The Titan 2 cartridge has a permanent snap-on mouthpiece and is not designed for refilling.